If you love your electric toothbrush, you are not alone! Studies show that approximately one-third of adults utilize an electric toothbrush, which is often recommended to many patients by their dental professionals. Electric toothbrushes can assist patients who may be dealing with conditions such as periodontal disease and tooth decay, or for those who need a little extra help in removing plaque and tartar from the surfaces of the teeth. Drs. Stanley Hirst and Bethany Jensen of Broadway Family Dentistry in Minot, ND also encourage patients to consider using an electric toothbrush.
How can I care for my electric toothbrush?
Drs. Stanley Hirst and Bethany Jensen in Minot, ND recommend patients consider the advantages that electric toothbrushes provide, and will offer recommendations on how to care for them.
Below are just a few tips for ensuring the longevity and effectiveness of your electric toothbrush:
- Remember to change the head often. Just like a regular toothbrush, an electric toothbrush had needs to be changed regularly to keep it working correctly. We recommend replacing the head of the toothbrush every three months.
- Keep instructions in your bathroom regarding the removal and replacement of brush heads to ensure that it is done properly.
- Store your electric toothbrush upright and in a cabinet to avoid germs being deposited on the brush from the bathroom.
- Rinse your electric toothbrush after each use to remove toothpaste.
- Avoid putting pressure on the teeth with an electric toothbrush. This extra pressure can not only cause the bristles to wear faster, but can also cause red and swollen gums.
Want to learn more about preventative care?
Preventing the development of problems such as periodontal disease and tooth decay can help put an end to expensive dental treatments while ensuring patients maintain proper oral health and wellness. If you are interested in speaking with our dental professionals about the steps you can take to keep your teeth and gums healthy, contact Drs. Stanley Hirst and Bethany Jensen of Broadway Family Dentistry in Minot, ND. Call (701) 839-1299 to book an appointment at the office, conveniently located at 1839 South Broadway Street. The office accepts new and established patients and families seeking comprehensive dental care with one team of professionals.